We provide our services by
To opt out of these services please click here
Information we may collect
We may collect and process the following information about you (“Your Information”).
- Directly from you via the form on our website, such as: name, e-mail address, date of birth, mobile number and anything else we require to give you an accurate quotation; and
- Details of your visits to YesLifeCover.com (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access; and
- Information that you provide to our partners, brokers and affiliates where you have consented to that information being passed to us.
- We will check whether the mobile number you provide is real
We will periodically review your personal information to ensure that we do not keep it for longer than is necessary.
How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To process and submit your application form to Life Insurance brokers, underwriters and researchers to enable them to give you quotes for the most applicable insurance;
- to provide you with an excellent service;
- to be sure that our websites is presented in the best way for you and your device;
- to notify you about changes to our products and services;
We and third parties to whom you agree we may send your data may also use it for marketing purposes to provide you with data about goods and services which may be of interest to you, and we may contact you about these by Email subject to your consent on the form. You can read more below in our Direct Marketing section.
How we process your application
The primary service that we are providing to you is that of an online insurance introducer. We will pass your enquiry to a FCA regulated whole of market broker who will find the best option for you based on the details you submit to us and/or provide to them.
The information we collect is only as much as we require so that you can receive a quote from a qualified insurance advisor. YesLifeCover.com is acting as an introducer to save you filling out multiple applications with lots of insurers to get the best rate. After completing this application, we will send your information to one broker partner and they will telephone you with a quote and often also email you too.
If you give us your consent, we may contact you using email to communicate with you about offers relating to products of ours or our partners that we think you might be interested in.
In our email marketing we promote 3rd parties who can provide other services such as:
- credit brokers, unsecured loans providers, secured loans providers, short term lenders, alternative lenders, peer to peer lenders, guarantor lenders, mortgage brokers and lenders
- credit card, prepayment credit card/bank account providers
- car finance lenders and brokers, logbook loan lenders
- debt management companies, insolvency practitioners, bankruptcy specialists, debt and property possession adjusters/advisers
- equity release arrangers and credit reference advisers
- general insurances like car insurance and home insurance, life insurance, private medical insurance, income protection insurance
- compensation advisers
- utility switching agents
You are able to opt-out from the emails at anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails. If you do not want to receive any emails at all, then please ensure you have unticked the box which asks for your consent to be contacted before submitting the form on our website.
Sharing your information with 3rd parties
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings, when permitted by data protection and privacy law. We may disclose information about you, including electronic identifiers (such as IP addresses) and/or access to your account:
- If required or permitted to do so by law;
- If required to do so by any court, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Competition and Markets Authority, the Information Commissioners Office or any other applicable regulatory, compliance, Government, or law enforcement agency;
- If necessary, in connection with legal proceedings or potential legal proceedings
- We may give information we hold about you to third parties as part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
- We may transfer your information to our partners and brokers for the purposes of giving you a free life insurance quote
- We sometimes use agents and service providers to process your information on our behalf. For example, we may use third parties to maintain our IT systems. Where we use agents and service providers to process your information, we will ensure that they have adequate security measures in place to safeguard your information
Where we store Your Information
Controlling Your Personal Information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can unclick to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. You can choose to opt out of all communications from any emails we sent to you where a clear unsubscribe link will be visible. Alternatively, you can fill in this form here on our opt-out page.
Mailing Address: YesLifeCover, 26 York Street, London, W1U 6PZ. United Kingdom.
(Please note that if you ask us to stop contacting you for marketing purposes we will do so within 7 working days.)
You also have the right to access your information and request details of the third parties with whom we have shared your information with by contacting us [in writing] at YesLifeCover. We reserve the right to charge a small administration fee for this service (£15). You may correct errors in or update your information or request that we remove information about you from our records by sending us a request to the postal address above. In most cases we will comply promptly with your request and let you know when we have done so. However, sometimes we will not be obliged to comply with your request. If this is the case we will inform you of our decision and the reasons for that decision. To protect your privacy and the security of your information, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before we act on any request which you may make in respect of your information.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you have consented to this;
A special note about children
No one under the age of 18 years old is permitted to use our website or service.
Links To Other Websites
YesLifeCover.com may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Should you be unhappy with any aspect of our service or the way your personal information has been stored, used or collected our staff will be happy to resolve your concerns. We do recommend that you bring any issues to our attention as soon as possible, as the sooner we know about the issue the sooner we can help resolve it. Please get in touch via our Contact Us page.
We will endeavour to satisfy your concerns, however if you remain unsatisfied with any aspect relating to your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioners Office.